There are many types of supplies that you need for your swimming pool. There are chemicals and other supplies that you need to keep it clean and safe for you to use. You need to learn about these before you set it up for the first time.
You don’t want to buy just any supplies; you want the best. You want to find quality pool supplies to care for it. You want to make sure that it is as safe as you can make it.
This article will tell you about the best supplies that you can buy for it. It will help you to choose the ones that are best for you. You can also do more research to find the information that you need.
Best Pool Supplies
- Chemicals – The most important thing that you can get for your pool are the chemicals: https://www.medallionenergy.com/pool-chemicals-guide/. These will help you to keep it clean and safe for you to swim in. You can buy them separately or in kits that can save you a little money. You can buy startup chemicals, season supply kits, closing kits.
- Sanitizers – Sanitizers can be either chlorine or bromine – both will sanitize it. They both kill bacteria and other things that might contaminate it. You need to use sanitizers from the time that you open it. You can do this with the use of a chemical feeder or chlorine floater.
- Shock –There are two types of shock that you can buy – chlorine or chlorine-free. This is a granular powder that is used to oxidize the water. It will also burn off the impurities such as chlorine molecules, bacteria, and algae.
- Algaecides – These are chemicals that prevent algae from growing in your water. There are three types of algaecides – quats, polymers, and copper – that are sold in different formulas and strengths. They control algae by preventing it from reproducing and damaging protective outer layers.
- Balancing Chemicals – You also want to maintain balanced water chemistry. You need to protect your surface and provide swimmer comfort. Your balance needs to be at 7.2 to 7.8 pH for you to be comfortable while swimming.
- Clarifiers – These act as a coagulant that will help you to collect all the suspended contaminants, scale, dirt, and algae. These polymers are positively charged and are attracted to anything that isn’t water. All these materials grow large enough to be collected by your filters so they can be cleared away.
- Stain Chemicals –These help to remove the stains that are caused by poor water balance. These chemicals will lock the stains inside of them so that they can’t be released into the pool to make it cloudy. There are other chemicals to remove rust stains and stains made from plastic stairs. These chemicals will help it to stay clean and fresh looking.
- Filter Media –You need something inside your filter to help filter out the dirt and debris. There are sand filters that are filled two-thirds of the way with sand. You could also use cartridge filters which are made from pleated and woven polyester that need to be replaced every few years. Another type of filter that you could buy is the DE filter which can last you about ten years or more.
- Cleaning Tools – There are some important tools that you need to clean it. Even if you have an automatic cleaner there are more tools that you might need. Some tools that you need to have are: skimmer net, brush, and leaf rakes. There are more tools that you might need, as well.
- Sealants and Lubricants –You will need a lubricant for your O-rings and the best type that you can buy is a Teflon based clear lube. See here to learn what you need to keep your O-rings safe. You want to use this anywhere that there is a rubber seal or gasket. You might also need sealants for different repairs. These items will help to keep it in good condition.
- Winter Supplies –These are important if you live in a snow belt. These items will help to keep it safe during the winter. You could use antifreeze, winter chemicals, and winter covers. All of these will help you to close it during the winter months.
- Other Supplies –There are many other supplies that you could buy for your pool. These items can be different types of covers, pumps, filters, and heaters. You can buy just about anything that can keep you comfortable in your pool.
There are many items that you need for your pool. Some of these items will keep it clean and safe for you to swim in. You can also buy things to clean stains and keep debris out. There are many items that you can buy just for your comfort.